HOME ACCESSORIES – where do you add the finishing touches, and how far should you go?
• Use accessories to draw attention to focal points
• Accessorise with items that are meaningful whenever possible, for example, choose a piece of art that you all like, so it feels special when you look at it
• Use what you already have, then fill the gaps
• Be organised when shopping, know what spaces you are trying to fill, including measurements, and stick to your list!
If the makeover is for selling purposes…
• Buy low cost high impact home accessories – larger items have more impact than several small ones
• Consider the photo angles your Estate Agent will use, and place the home accessories accordingly
|Before – an outdated bathroom|
|After – a change in paint colour and some accessories brought it up to date|