IDENTIFY DESIGN TRENDS
With a home makeover, it’s hard to know when should you be following fashion and when you should avoid it. You need to update a home, but you don’t want to choose a fashionable colour or style that will date quickly.
• In general, don’t follow interiors trends too closely, they change with every season now
• More expensive items need to be timeless, so just add smaller items in the latest design trend.
If the makeover is for selling purposes…
• Remember potential buyers are comparing your property with others, and they like to see fashionable decor, so just update some accessories to fit with your scheme
• Check local Show Homes for styles and colours to use, and for any quirky design trends
• Check fashionable shops – eg. Next – and just add one or two pieces
Here are some examples: